A blog is a key opportunity for health and wellness companies to build community, share information, and establish expertise. WordPress is a fabulous (and free) tool, a tool about which I, myself, am in the infancy of learning. I attend a local meetup for WordPress users, designers, and programmers and would like to share a few resources I found super helpful. Watch for changes I make in the process and implement some yourself!
1. If you don’t belong to a Meet up and want to find one in your area, go to meetup.com and find meet ups in all subjects. In my area, alone, there are several meetups for bloggers, marketers, WordPress users, social media. It’s a great, and usually free, way to get information and network with people of all levels of learning and expertise.
2. tentblogger.com is a very useful website/blog for beginning wordpress users. The founder, our speaker for the evening, has enjoyed wild success blogging and shares very applicable information. See “series” section, specifically.
3. Social Triggers is a website that explains the psychology behind online marketing like what people respond to on web and blog design. Great, practical informaiton. Apply it today!
4. wordpress.tv Videos and webcourses for all things WordPress, including sessions from Wordcamp conferences nation wide. Beginners-expert.
5. New Tricks WordPress designer. Also offers great free information for all levels of WordPress users.
Now, get out there, take 20 minutes and start a WordPress website. Begin blogging content. Content is the key to every wildly successful blog. Don’t wait for the perfect design. Don’t wait to learn everything there is to know about blogging. Get out there and do it. Now!
… And send me your link. I’d love to see what you’ve come up with!